Everybody loves to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but not everyone is free to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home, hotels, restaurants or at any other fun-filled places. In such cases, why don’t you think of celebrating this Valentine’s Day at work?
If you plan on celebrating Valentine’s Day at work, then the first thing you should do is plan the day’s schedule much ahead before the actual day. You can enjoy celebrating Valentine’s Day at work and thus make your workplace a fun-filled place. You need not stay at home and keep pending the important commitments in the office. Your boss may not sanction you a leave and thus why feel bad, instead just try spending your Valentine’s Day at work. You can celebrate Valentine’s Day at work without any concerns, if you make a list of your tasks and allocate proper time to complete all your assignments.
In fact, employers can help their employees for celebrating Valentine’s Day at work and make this day a fun-filled day at work place for all their employees. A few important things that you as an employer have to take care, before sanctioning your employees to celebrate Valentine’s Day at work include the following:
- Instruct your employees to celebrate Valentine’s Day at work in a fair way. Inform your employees that they must not behave in an unpleasant manner, or upload any adult pictures on the company’s portal. You can place a container in the office and the employees can drop off their Valentine’s cards (for someone they love and care at the office) in the container. Employees to whom the Valentine’s cards are addressed to can open up the cards during the lunch hour, so that they do not waste time during work and celebrate Valentine’s Day at work in a joyful manner.
- Employees can wear clothes with a heart-shape object on it to commemorate the Valentine’s Day theme at work. Other ideas can include women wearing heart-shaped pins and men wearing ties, which includes a small heart-shape figurine. This is one of the simple tricks for celebrating Valentine’s Day at work. Although, one thing to not forget is to inform all employees to dress up in a decent manner.
- One of the employees can prepare a heart-shaped banner painted with the words ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’. Or else, you can place containers in the office and the employees can drop off heart-shaped candies in the container. They should be wrapped with a paper that is inscribed with words such as ‘Happy valentine’s Day’. You can distribute the collected candies amongst all the employees by the end of business hours.
- You can organize various games that are easy to play and not time-consuming. For e.g. If any of the employees have displayed any handicraft or object in the office relating to Valentine’s Day, then the other employees can guess the person who has prepared the handicraft and the person rightly guessing it can get the prize. Or have a contest to come up with the best Valentine’s Day banner and this will surely attract most employees to participate.
- You can simply make sure to place a heart-shaped candy or simple red balloon/s at each employee’s cubicle/desk to show them that the “you care for your employees”.
You can celebrate Valentine’s Day in the office by bringing heart-shaped objects, wearing shirts, or blouses with a picture of heart, etc., or organizing simple games. Although you must remember that Valentine’s Day is just another business day and productive work is as important as celebrating the day with fun.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all from DI Networks Team!!