Skin tones have so many variations that they differ in two categories and they are the “warm” and “cool” skin tones. You can find out, if your skin tone falls under the category of warm or cool skin tone easily. The following guidelines will help you to choose the right makeup, hair color, and clothes to wear in order to compliment your skin tone.
Here is how you can determine your skin tone:
- Try to stock the colors of clothes that you feel suits you best. If you think that you look great in rich colors like dark green, navy blue, plum, red, silver, black, hot pink, fire engine or black you exactly have a cool skin tone. When you look good in earthy colors like gold, light green, mocha, orange, peach, or bronze you are exactly on the warm skin tone category.
- Tow your hair back by making a ponytail or bun, then try to hold a white piece of a paper while in front of the mirror then if you see your skin looked yellow after that paper then it is clear that you have a warm skin tone. Cool skin tone looked bluish when white piece of paper is next to it.
- The veins in your wrist also say about your skin tone. If you have greenish colored veins, then it states that you have warm skin tone and when your veins are more on blue then your skin tone is cool.
- Get two mirrors, turn away from the one other and make an angle so that you can see the back of your head. Try to fold your ear so that you will be able to see the crease behind provided you are not wearing any make up. If you have noticed that you have a yellow crease then your skin tone is warm and if you see a pink one then you have a cool skin tone.
- Closely look at your skin. When you noticed that your undertones are apricot, yellow, or golden then you have a warm skin tone and as for cool skin tones their undertone is pinkish.
Plenty of women possess neutral skin tones, wherein these women look great in all the colors they wear. Though these women look perfectly pretty in their own way, no woman has a perfectly natural skin tone.
- Most women are having problems such as uneven skin tones. Uneven skin tones is caused by the over production of melanin. Melanin is the black pigment of the skin that provides protection from the damaging causes of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It even absorbs the heat that radiates by the sun. The over production of this pigment are one of the major factors that causes uneven skin tone. Moreover, the excessive exposure to the sun, hormonal imbalance, and even scars causes uneven skin tones. This case is consistently seen to happen amongst pregnant women because of their altered hormone levels when compared to regular women.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun in order to achieve a fairer and good-looking skin. You can even take supplements or vitamins such as vitamin-c and vitamin-e to enhance the skin’s natural glow. Now whether you have a warm or cool skin tone, protecting your skin from the harsh factors around you is very important to achieve a good-looking skin.